Amazon Banner

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Standard Issue Awesome Blog of Awesomeness and Stuff

Taking a short break from writing sequels to pound out a blog. I've hit a groove with my sequel and I really like how the second and third books are looking. While doing this I'm keeping one hand juggling with the marketing of the first book. Sales have dropped off and I'm looking at various venues to sell some books, I've signed up for some writer workshops and some local author events and signings. There's a submission process for all of it. I'll add some events on my feeds as these things materialize. I'm really looking forward to getting out there putting out some artwork and having a little fun with it.

I've been reading a fair bunch lately, been checking out my fellow authors at TWB Press. There's some serious talent over there. It's a small press, but I don't think it's going to kick it up a few notches. Very talented writers and it's still accessible to people breaking into the market. That's really rare. Dex Territory sat on a slush piles before it wound up in Terry's hands. He and I have already talked about sequels. I think it's probably going to take having a couple of titles under my belt for the series to break, but from the feedback I have received, I've yet to find someone who read it and didn't like it. Is it perfect, probably not, but perfection will come. I'm extremely excited about book 2, it a creepy departure from Dex Territory as I take Rick down the spooky side of the street and partner him up with someone mysterious who could be a detriment to his love life. She his equal in a lot of ways and a good foil. I like the relationship and keeping him on the edge of following the path and losing him in the woods.

I like my bad guys in this one. They're not as fun and cuddly as the reaper an Jonathan Ford. These guys are vicious and Rick needs all hands on deck, but most of his hands are vacationing someplace warm for the winter. He enlists some new allies and I get a chance to explore the dynamic of the STF more in this book and how it's changed since book 1 as the world has gotten a little scarier. Book 2 plays a little more like a urban fantasy which is genre I love dearly and book 3 hits more the sci-fi elements of the world. I'm quickly learning I don't necessarily have to play down the same street in these books and this world might even support a romantic comedy, but each will have a mystery at it's core and I hope to make each a wild ride.

Books I've read:

The Berlin Affair - Stephanie Smith - Fun, hot and a great read. Take place before the Fall of the Berlin Wall and the Cold Ware is the backdrop of the love triangle and heated passions.

Revival - Stephen King - I love Stephen King his ability to use descriptive metaphor may be unparalleled. While I can't rank this as his strongest story it's very much a King novel.

Maplecroft- Cherie Priest - I had to reread this one. It's the best book I read in 2014. Lizzy Borden meets Cthulhu. It's creepy and atmospheric and I've been in desperate love with Cherie's work since Boneshaker.

Branches of Time - Luca Rossi - Time travel in an epic fantasy, hell yeah!

Currently reading:

Trigger Warning - Neil Gaiman - C'mon it's Neil Gaiman. Of course I'm reading it.

My Valentine Cowboy - Ashley Adams - Another TWB Press author from the Amore side of the house. A little erotic fiction. Before you snort-laugh, it's damn good. Ashley has an easy fun writing style and if you're not genre hoping in your reading, there's probably little hope in your writing.

What I'm watching:

12 Monkeys - Holy shit talk about a mind bendy trip.

Constantine - Just watched the season finale. Really hope it isn't the series finale. I love this show like no other right now and that include the return of the Walking Dead.

The Walking Dead - you had to see that coming. It just keeps rolling with the awesome.

Justified - We have to know how it ends with two of the most intriguing characters ever put on the tube Dewey Crow and Dickie Bennett... Kidding Raylan Givens and Boyd Crowder. It's sure to be a powder keg in the room full of matches.

Black Sails - Like House of Cards but with a better class of pirate, best opening sequence since Game of Thrones.

The Musketeers on BBC - Just rollicking fun.

Thank you to all my readers. I love you guys and thanks for all the great feedback. Leave me a review on Amazon, Goodreads, Smashwords, Barnes and Noble, or wherever you can. You have no idea how much that helps.

Please find me at:
www.twbpress.com
www.twbpress.com/authormarkaberdeen
www.amazon.com/author/markaberdeen
www.twitter.com/Mark_Aberdeen
www.facebook.com/mark.aberdeen
www.facebook.com/DexTerritoryBook

You can find Dex Territory for every possible device at:
TWBPress.com
Amazon.com
Barnesandnoble.com
smashwords.com
iBooks

$3.99 for the e-book
$15.62 currently marked for the paperback at B&N and Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment