Amazon Banner

Sunday, January 11, 2015

A Wounded Warrior

I'm really pleased with how 2015 is shaping up. I have a book on the market and I've decided to not look at numbers of units sold and concentrate on getting the word out and working on the next. I found myself obsessing about how many I'd sold and the whole thing was never about instant gratification. It was about writing a good story and doing something creative in my spare time. I have a day job that worries about those things and I don't want the two to merge so I come home and have more of the same. I've hired my sister JoAnn to be my PA. Unbeknownst to me she did this for the erotic fantasy genre and supports some authors and that was really cool. I did put up a webpage dedicated to Dex territory on Facebook and this was to keep my streams from crossing and complete proton reversal and the molecules of my body suddenly stopping and exploding at the speed of light. That would definitely be a two coffee morning, perhaps with a turbo shot of espresso.

As we enter the Winter doldrums and the temps drop and the seasonal blah's start to creep in. I've thrown myself completely into book 2. Last night it was miserable night sleeping and about 1am I had enough, got up and wrote until the sky started to brighten. I'd written a wonderfully erotic scene that required a cold shower this morning (reading those erotic books by my sister's authors is paying off) and I then followed it up with a costly disaster. I love science fiction. :)

I'm starting to get some really great reviews on Amazon and Goodreads. I love seeing that people are really happy with the story. It's all about staying positive. I have a great support system forming and word is good, sales are good for a first time author that's no one's heard of. What more can you ask for?

I've got the business portion of this pretty much settled at this point and I made a decision and it's been something weighing on my mind. My hero Rick O'Shea is a wounded warrior, it's mentioned in book 1, but not explored and I get into it more in book 2. It's an important part of who he is and I can't think he would feel really good if I used some of his story to help the real wounded warriors. Starting With January's sales, I'm going to donate 50% of my royalties to the Wounded Warrior Project http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

My mission is to set aside a portion of my payments and on Veteran's Day, Wed. Nov 11th 2015. I'd like to make my donation. I hope it will be substantial. I'm not trying to urn this into a thing, I just feel like I should give something back, because I've been damn fortunate. They'll probably end up with some books too. :) Consider this an official announcement.

Thank you to all my readers. I love you guys and thanks for all the great feedback. Leave me a review on Amazon, Goodreads, Smashwords, Barnes and Noble, or wherever you can. You have no idea how much that helps.

Please find me at:
www.twbpress.com
www.twbpress.com/authormarkaberdeen
www.amazon.com/author/markaberdeen
www.twitter.com/Mark_Aberdeen
www.facebook.com/mark.aberdeen
www.facebook.com/DexTerritoryBook

My work is also at:
Barnesandnoble.com
smashwords.com

1 comment: